Chipping Campden School
Situated in the beautiful Cotswolds area of England, this vibrant school is totally different from the sleepy Cotswold village in which it is set.This is an outstanding school (OfSTED 2017) with a long and distinguished history dating back to 1440, and a reputation to match.
The school offers a very wide range of extra-curricular activities including sport, music and drama and standards here are also very high. There are always opportunities for students to contribute to the wider life of the school through Student Leadership, peer mentoring and charitable fundraising, for example. Staff here are well-qualified and talented professionals.
However, it is also a forward-looking school, striving always to provide the best opportunities for students to achieve their potential in a time of rapid change.
The Modern Foreign Languages Department (MFL) is at the forefront of these forward thinking departments. The MFL Team at the school are always looking for new ways to enhance the learning experience of their students. With an outstanding track record, a very healthy uptake of MFL GCSE and A Level in French, German and Spanish along with a high percentage of these students going on to study languages at university.
The school has always used the best technology to support this and for many years had used a Sanako Language Laboratory. However, having worked with this excellent system for over a decade the MFL team decided it was time to update their existing language laboratory to one of the latest software only systems, once again Sanako was the obvious choice.
Given the popularity of the existing language laboratory the MFL team came up with a specification to ensure they retained a fully functional interactive language centre with live audio interaction and two track recording facility.
So after detailed consultation with the school’s IT Department, the Sanako Study 700 interactive language centre was installed in 2019 at the school.
It’s early days as the on site staff user training only took place in January 2020, but the MFL team are already looking forward to using some of the advanced activities such as;
- Simultaneous whole class oral assessment with collected and named student MP3 files
- Live audio random pairing with file collect & monitoring for role play activities.
- Playlist & Image description launch & collect exercises.
- Automatic voice insert for audio gap filling exercise with both audio & video files.
- Automatic Vocabulary testing facility with colour coded marking.
- Oral examination mode with computer classroom management facilities.
- Discrete audio and video monitor of live student activity.
- Internet blocking facility with web management facility. For example block Google Translate
- Multiple choice testing facility
- Advanced two track recording system with balance controls.
- Model Student activity broadcast, audio video & screen.
- Independent, ability group and whole class interaction.